Since I have no one really on hand to teach me how to sew I have been having to do it myself. I do have one friend that can sew, but she’s not readily in my back pocket for immediate use when ever the urge to create something exist. The other day I attempted to make an IPad case for my new IPad that Santa brought me (which is flipping AWESOME!!!!!!!!) Anyways, it didn’t turn out as well as I would have liked it to. Here’s what I did. Maybe you’ll have better luck. Sorry there isn’t photos to go with the steps as I was kind of winging this and didn’t really think about it at the time.
Fabric of your choice (I used a pillowcase that didn’t match any sheets in our house. It was way more than enough)
washable pen or tailers chalk
Sewing machine and thread
Iron and ironing board
1. Fold your fabric in half right sides together. Trace your IPad or laptop on to your fabric adding 1″ all around for seam allowances. Do this twice so that you have a lining.
(I made one side of mine longer than the other so that it folded over the top. When cutting out your fabric and lining you can do this by adding 1-2″ to the top of the pattern)
2. Cut out your fabric. Place right sides together and stitch all the way around leaving one seam open.
3. Turn right side out and put the batting in.
4. Sew up the remaining seam.
5. once again put the right sides together and sew the bottom and side together.
6. Sew your ribbon on.
7. Sew your button on. And POOF you’re done 🙂