As noted in previous blog posts I have two cats. One of which is named Buddy. We got him 8 years ago from one of hubby’s old acquaintances. He’s been a terror and blessing all in one. When he was little he was a HOLY TERROR and made me swear that I would never get another cat again. As he as aged he has become a gentle sweetheart. So here is some info for you to know about Buddy:
1. He has several nicknames. Budsters McFee, FattyCatty, fattyboy, Sissyboy, Buddy Love, and Shithead (pronounced Shi-Thead). Hubby won’t let me call him Shithead anymore 😦 I say it with love though 🙂
2. He currently weighs more than my 15 month old. Yeah…… Apparently he takes after me in that area of life.
3. His original name was supposed to be “Panthero.” However, hubby didn’t want him thinking that he was “always in trouble” because of the ‘ro part on the end. Little did he know that despite the name change the little shit would always be in trouble anyways.
4. When he was little he was AWFUL. He would attack me out of no where for no reason. He would tear up everything he could get his claws into. He would get on top of dressers, counters, etc. and knock things off. He would strew his kitty litter all over the place. Now, he is the most sweetest, patient, and loving cat in the world. He lets Stinkerbell crawl all over him, pull on his ears and tail, and he purrs through all of it. When she was just home from the hospital he used to sit at the bottom of her swing “protecting” her. Also, when my hubby is gone he “guards” whatever room I am in.
5. I have two favorite Buddy moments. Once when he was a kitten, hubby and I were in bed for the night dead asleep to the world. Hubby had gone to the store earlier and purchased some bathroom items. He put the items in the store bag on the bathroom counter. At approximately O’dead middle of the night clock we hear this crash and wake up to see a little Buddy darting around the house trying to get away from this grocery bag that appears to be chasing him. Somehow he had got his head through the handle. To this day he is scared of plastic bags. The second memory occurred during his first Christmas. My mother-in-law was down visiting for a week just before the holiday. At the time hubby and I lived in this small one-bedroom efficiency apartment. My mother-in-law was asleep in the bedroom where we had set up the Christmas tree. Once again we hear a crash and then a scream from my mother-in-law. Buddy had decided that he didn’t want her sleeping in HIS bed, so he knocked the tree over onto my sleeping Mother-in-law. Good thing she has a great sense of humor because she was able to laugh about it.
Five Facts about Cats:
1. A cats heart beats twice as fast as a human heart.
2. Cats do not have taste buds for sweet.
3. The domesticated cat of our present time is descended from wild cats from Africa and Europe. Domestication of these cats of the wild began over 4,000 years ago.
4. Cats require 5 times more protein in their diet than dogs.
5. Do you know if your cat is right paw or left paw oriented?Research shows that 40% of cats are ambidextrous.