Tonight for dinner I made this dish. It was incredibly delicious! This is definitely a “must do again.” The combination of the goat cheese with sun-dried tomatoes was a perfect pairing. The recipe calls for canned sun-dried tomatoes but I was only able to find a bag of them. This, in my opinion, worked well with the recipe anyways as you are instructed to wash and pat them dry anyways.
2 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed under water, patted dry, and finely chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 tbsp chopped basil
2 tsp chopped thyme
1/4 c plain dry bread crumbs
4 (1/4lb) skinless boneless chicken breasts
4 tsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
1 1/2 lbs baby spinach, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray a nonstick baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the cheese, tomatoes, scallion, basil, and thyme in a bowl, mashing with a fork, until blended. Place the bread crumbs in a separate small bowl.
3. Cute a pocket into the side of each chicken breast about 2.5″ long. Place one-quarter of the goat cheese mixture inside each slit. Lightly press the pocket closed with a fork. Brush the top side of each breast with the mayo. Dip the chicken, one piece at a time, coated side down into the bread crumbs. Transfer coated-side up to the baking pan.
4. Spray the tops of the chicken lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until the chicken cooks through and the crust is golden, about 25 minutes
5. Meanwhile, place the spinach in a large steamer basket set in a saucepan over 1″ of boiling water. Cover tightly and steam until the spinach just wilts, about 3 minutes. Transfer the spinach to the platter, then top with the chicken.
Makes 4 servings
Weight Watchers Points: 6
Sat Fat: 5g
Chol: 80 mg